Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position Number: SS-7-2022-EXT
Status: Casual – Rotation: Day/Evening/Week-days & Week-ends
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
The Basic Aide-Housekeeping/Laundry is responsible for routine, periodic and project cleaning functions in all areas of the Care Centre including laundry duties as assigned. All duties are performed with consideration to the needs, care and satisfaction of the residents.
- Performs sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, vacuuming functions to a variety of floor types and applications.
- Cleans, dusts, polishes a variety of surfaces, fixtures and furniture such as: walls, glass, windows (interior), mirrors, doors and frames, ledges, edges, cabinets, counters, chairs, recliners, sofas as assigned. Maintains appliances clean.
- Cleans toilets, sinks, hopper sinks, elevator cars, grab bars, nurse call bells, and dispensers.
- Performs a variety of periodic functions such as; baseboard cleaning, high dusting, wall washing, cleaning of lights, vents, ceiling functions and emergency fixtures.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles: replaces disposable liners, transportation of waste throughout the facility, disposes, sorts and compacts waste. Handles recyclable waste and place in proper assigned receptacles. Disposes used incontinent products.
- Replenishes; soaps, paper products and personal hygiene supplies. Cleans maintenance equipment.
- Cleans a variety of specialized resident care equipment including resident bed, over bed table.
- Performs cleaning functions in and around areas of resident care, including; isolation and precautionary care cleaning, cleaning of body fluid spills after initial clean up.
- Collects, sorts, loads and unloads washers and dryer. Inspects, folds, labels laundry
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures, safe work practices and approved safety policies and procedures including Infection Control.
- Other housekeeping/laundry responsibilities as assigned
- Must have experience working with housekeeping /laundry equipment and a variety of cleaning products and chemicals
- Previous experience in a health care setting, seniors building and/or commercial environment
- Ability to work in a team-based environment is required.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax,or e-mail to: Human Resources Fax #: 416 243 7452 E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation and/or a detailed job description, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org