Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position: COOK Position Number: FS-6-2022-EXT
Status: Casual – Rotation: Day/Evening/Week-days & Week-ends
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
The Cook directs personnel performing food preparation and production functions, ensuring that standards are met in quality and taste; prepares and cooks meals including functions, Meals on Wheels and Congregate Dining. Estimates food quantities necessary to meet requirements; oversees the serving of food and ensures the sanitation of the Department. All duties are performed with consideration to the needs, care and satisfaction of the residents.
- Prepares, cooks and handles food in accordance with health regulations;
- Prepares menu items in accordance with pre-determined requirements, tasting and inspecting for palatability and appetizing appearance;
- Responsible for the proper storage of perishable foods and avoidance of food waste.
- Oversees production and portioning required for programs and assists in assembling.
- Organizes daily food preparation and production requirements and instructs personnel engaged in preparation and distribution.
- Participates and reviews menu planning and work orders to determine type and quantity of meats, vegetables, soups, salads and desserts to be prepared.
- Completes daily requisitions for food. Checks inventory and places required orders.
- Inspects foods and meats in day storage and refrigeration.
- Responsible for the care and safe operation of the food preparation equipment.
- In the absence of the Manager, determines ways to meet department deadlines under normal or adverse conditions (i.e. equipment breakdown or power failure).
- Helps to develop and implement quality indicators and action plans to improve quality client care
- Successful completion of a Cook program, course and/or apprenticeship from a recognized vocational or trade school, community college or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous experience in a Long-Term Care dietary department, hospital or large catering establishment with proven cooking experience and sound knowledge of food production (i.e. organization, portion and waste control)
- Ability to work in a team-based environment is required.
- “Red Seal” status and knowledge of the Ukrainian language will be considered an asset
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax, or e-mail to Human Resources: Fax #: 416 243 7452 E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation and/or a detailed job description, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com