Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position: Food Service Aide Position Number: FS-6-2022 EXT
Status: Casual – Rotation: Day/Evening/Week-days & Week-ends
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
The Food Service Aide (FSA) has an integral role within the dietary department that effectively delivers a pleasurable dining experience to all residents within the home regardless of diet type or texture assigned and works within an interdisciplinary team model. As a member of the Food Services Department and the team on the floors, the FSA contributes to the resident care services and programs incorporating principles of resident focused care & continuous quality improvement. The FSA complies with all Provincial/Long Term Care and Local regulations and established Food Services departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of food to meet the production requirements for the residents
- Provides input as to the residents acceptance of menu items by monitoring and reporting resident feedback and auditing food waste.
- Contributes to improved quality of resident care by applying consistent standards to work routines and by seeking out improved methods for resident satisfaction.
Meal Delivery and Service:
- Sets tables in the dining rooms, plates food to residents in the serveries according to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Guidelines
- Collects and returns used dishes to clean up area, washes and puts away cleaned utensils and equipment
- Cleans and sanitizes food services equipment according to Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and Toronto Public Health Standards
- Maintains the serveries, kitchen and dishwashing room clean and assists in catering functions as required.
- Completion of the Food Service Worker Program is required
- Completion of the Toronto Public Health Department Food Handling Safety Program is required
- Up to 1 year previous experience in a Long-Term Care or Hospital dietary department
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team-based environment is required.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax, or e-mail to: Human Resources Fax #: 416 243 7452 | E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation and/or a detailed job description, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com