Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position: Maintenance Technician Position Number: SS-7-2022-EXT
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing maintenance support by performing day to day duties in the facility including but not limited to changing light bulbs/fixtures, replacing filters, maintaining ceiling tiles, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, painting, etc. This position assists and is involved with cyclical seasonal changes to the air conditioning and heating systems and as required.
- Painting as required and as per painting schedule.
- Replaces and maintains lighting fixtures throughout the facility
- Replaces HVAC filters as per schedule and as assigned
- Assists in maintaining, repairing and inspecting hydrants, valves in fire hose cabinets, fire extinguishers and automatic sprinkler system
- Replaces and maintains all fixtures, fittings, and other appliances.
- Repairs defective flush valves, faucets, urinals, toilets and other appliances.
- Repairs washroom facilities, drains, sewers and sinks and assists with minor plumbing repairs
- Daily work assignments in accordance with priorities and requisitions as provided.
- Assists with Preventative Maintenance programs and keeps accurate records as per standards.
- Performs minor project work, equipment installation and testing of work done
- Assists with building audits, daily preventative maintenance and fire code requirements
- Follows the Occupational Health and Safety Act in all job duties
- Community College Diploma in building/facility maintenance and/or trades such as general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc. or equivalent experience (3-5 yrs)
- Minimum of 3 years experience as maintenance person and able to handle a variety of tools and equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English at a functional level.
- Must be able to act quickly under emergency conditions and able to move heavy objects as per the standard in the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Thoroughness in workmanship is essential
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax or e-mail to: Human Resources – UCCC – Fax #: 416 243 7452 E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation and/or detailed job description, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com