Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position Number: Nur-3-2022-EXT
Status: Casual – Day, Evening & Night Shift
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
Provides direct personal and nursing care to residents under the direction and supervision of registered staff promoting the safety and comfort of all the residents in the Home. All duties are performed with consideration to the needs, care, and satisfaction of the residents.
- Provides care for the individual needs of the assigned residents in accordance with the residents’ care plans striving to maintain the residents’ optimal level of function physically, emotionally, socially, culturally, intellectually and spiritually.
- Provides support and assistance to the residents in activities of daily living, comfort, mobility, ambulation, positioning, elimination, treatments, care routines, rest and sleep as per residents’ individual plan of care
- Participates in the development of quality resident care services and programs incorporating principles of resident focused care and continuous quality improvement (including work on committees)
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring of quality care delivery by assisting in the nursing process, observing and reporting changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition, and documenting accurately on daily records reflecting each resident’s condition, care and specific needs
- Communicates ideas, concerns and observations to registered staff to support enhancement of teamwork, promoting quality care.
- Participates in the planning of nursing care through staff meetings, interdisciplinary conferences, shift exchange reports and committee involvement
- Keeps current on best practices through technical journals, workshops, seminars and networking
- PSW certificate from a recognized educational institution.
- 1-2 years of clinical experience working with the elderly or chronic care residents in a health care facility.
- Highly effective interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and critical thinking skills.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax or e-mail to: Human Resources –UCCC Fax #: 416 243 7452 E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation and/or a detailed job description, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job please visit stdemetrius.ca .