Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position: Recreation Assistant Position Number: Rec-2-2022-EXT
Status: Casual – Day/Evening/Week-end Rotation
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
To provide professional recreation/activation interventions to all the residents of the home enhancing their physical, cultural, social, spiritual, and intellectual development in the provision of resident focused services and programs in the context of the current Global Pandemic of COVID-19 and current government guidelines, protocols and regulations for Long Term Care facilities. All duties are performed with consideration to the needs, care and satisfaction of the residents
- Assesses resident’s recreation and activation needs including resident profile, recreation /activation assessment and leisure checklist.
- Plans, implements and evaluates recreation/activation services for all residents
- Records and documents according to standards, including quarterly reporting, attendance, progress notes, and statistical data including RAI/MDS assessments and RAPS.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary team conferences to present Recreation/Activation goals in the Resident’s holistic approach to Quality of Care.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of quality indicators to improve quality resident care
- College diploma/certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution/college in Recreation/ Activation and/or Gerontology /Social Services and/or related fields
- 1-2 years of experience working with the elderly, children and/or or chronic care residents in a health care facility.
- Must posses the ability to work within and develop a team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving, planning and creative abilities
- Knowledge of Ukrainian language and culture will be considered an asset
- Computer literacy, MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint, PCC.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax, e-mail to: Human Resources Fax #: 416 243 7452, [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated againstCOVID-19
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org