Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position: Registered Nurse Position Number: Nur-1-2022-EXT
Status: Casual – Day/Evening/Night-Weekdays / Weekends
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the healthcare team and takes the lead and responsibility for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate and cost effective care to all residents. The RN is responsible for adherence to the respective regulations and relevant legislation in the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Regulation 79/10, and current Directives under COVID-19, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario; and the policies and procedures of the Corporation and the Accountability Framework. All duties are performed with consideration to the needs, care and satisfaction of the residents
- Provides nursing care within the framework of quality management and in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by UCCC’s organizational standards, policies and procedures and in compliance with the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Regulated Health Professions Act and LTC Homes Act 2007.
- Develops and maintains Resident Care Plans based on ongoing assessments and ensures all documentation reflects accuracy, timeliness, and incorporates input from all healthcare staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for medication management including administration, transcription of Physician orders, reordering of medications, appropriate recording and safe keeping of all drugs including controlled drugs and narcotics.
- Monitors the resident’s record for accuracy and completeness as required by the professional licensing standards and in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Ministry of Health as provided in the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Regulation 79/10.
- Keeps current on best practices including the Pandemic policies and procedures
- A Registered Nurse with a current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum three years clinical experience preferred
- Long Term Care experience and application of principles of gerontology
- Highly effective interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and critical thinking skills
Interested candidates may submit their resume to HR by email: [email protected] or fax: 416 2437452
For more information about this job or the Corporation, please visit our web site at www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org