Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
Position: Registered Practical Nurse Position Number: Nur-2-2022-EXT
Status: Casual-Day/Evening/Night-Weekdays / Weekends
Date Posted: July 25, 2022 Deadline: Open
The Registered Practical Nurse is a member of the healthcare team and leads along with the Registered Nurse in the responsibility for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate and cost effective care to all residents.
- Provides nursing care within the framework of quality management and in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by the Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre’s organizational standards, policies and procedures and in compliance with the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Regulated Health Professions Act and Nursing Home Act
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of Resident Care Plans based on ongoing assessments and ensures all documentation reflects accuracy, timeliness, and incorporates input from all staff on the floor in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborates in the planning and effective response to change taking a supportive role in implementing strategies through change process.
- Follows nursing process and appropriately assesses residents, recognizing the parameters of their scope of practice, and the need to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team on the unit.
- Assumes responsibility for medication management including administration, transcription of Physician orders, reordering of medications, appropriate recording and safe keeping of all drugs including controlled drugs and narcotics.
- Keeps current on best practices through technical journals, workshops, seminars and networking
- Registered Practical Nurse with a current Certificate of Competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and healthcare practices and techniques as they relate to long term care
- Current Medication Administration Certificate. Assessment Course
- 1 – 2 years experience in a long term care facility
- Highly effective interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and critical thinking skills
Interested candidates may submit their resume by fax or e-mail to: Human Resources –UCCC Fax #: 416 243 7452 E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about the Corporation and/or a detailed job description, please visit www.stdemetrius.ca
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
The selected candidate will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
To apply for this job please visit stdemetrius.ca.