Website Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is a 152-bed, long-term care home located in Toronto. We are committed to achieving excellence in service delivery in a setting that is sensitive and respectful to the cultural and spiritual needs of everyone we serve.
The Social Worker provides social work services to residents of the Long Term Care Home and their families promoting the residents’ quality of life and providing leadership, support, education and training to other team members. As a dynamic member of the healthcare team and working within a holistic resident focused environment, the Social Worker performs all duties with consideration to the needs, care and satisfaction of the residents and in accordance with the Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Provides psychosocial/cognitive assessment, education, advocacy, support and adjustment counselling
to residents and/or their families in accordance with the standards of the College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers of Ontario.
- Leads and participates in resident care conferences and in care planning for residents.
- Leads and participates in the admission process to support resident and family members’ transition to the home.
- Provides clinical guidance, resource information and education to families and staff through the involvement in Family Council and the Best Practice Committee.
- Participates in the Palliative Care & Pastoral Care Committees.
- Participates in the Behavioural Care Team and supports staff to manage Dementia related Behaviours.
- Participates in the development of quality resident care services and programs incorporating principles of resident focused care and continuous quality improvement.
- Masters in Social Work and up to date registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical Social Work experience in Long Term Care / Geriatrics
- Training in P.I.E.C.E.S. and UFIRST (Dementia Care) preferred
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team, particularly in a coordinating/leading role
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior assessment and organizational skills. Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Highly effective problem solving, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Ukrainian language an asset
- Proficiency in RAI/ MDS & Point Click Care or other electronic documentation system preferred
Interested candidates to submit their resume with cover letter by e-mail to: [email protected]
UCCC accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
The selected candidate will be required to have up to date vaccination against COVID-19
For more details about this job, please visit our web site at www.stdemetrius.ca
Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org