All long-term care homes are publicly funded and regulated by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.  The Ministry has specified laws and regulations for admissions to long-term care homes to ensure equitable access to long-term care beds. The Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) – Toronto Central  coordinates and controls admissions to the Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre. To be considered for admission, you or a family member on your behalf, must complete a Placement Application Form which is available from the Toronto Central HCCSS. The Toronto Central HCCSS will provide a case manager to complete an assessment and facilitate the placement process.

The Care Centre has three types of room accommodations: private, semi-private and basic. To view the accommodation types click here.

Once a bed becomes available, you will be contacted by the Care Coordinator from HCCSS with an offer of admission. This offer must be accepted within 24 hours and if accepted, admission to the Care Centre must occur within five days. For further information, contact the HCCSS at 416-506-9888 or 1-866-243-0061.

If you would like more information about the Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre or to book an in-person tour please call 416-243-7653.


The cost of long-term care are shared by the resident and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The Ontario government pays for all personal and nursing care provided, but residents must pay for the accommodation charges such as room and board. The accommodation rates are reviewed annually by the Ministry and are standard across Ontario. To view the current accommodation rate click here.

Residents who do not have enough annual income to pay for the basic room, the government can help you through a subsidy that will bring the cost down to a level residents can afford. The subsidy is not available to people requesting semi-private or private rooms. Your HCCSS Care Coordinator can provide you with information about applying for a rate reduction subsidy.

Click here to see the long-term care accommodation rates and subsidy.